Tuesday, May 23, 2006

missed


16mm short experimental film ,2003
Directed,edited,script and performed by HuiMei Chen
"missed" is a film about a girl's journey when she fell in love and gradually became apart from her lover. Her innermost feeling truly revealed in the film- from the beginning sweet fantasy to later the depressing and despairing mood. "missed" is also a film reflected to the interpersonal communication ways under the "high-tech" corresponding gadget. The poetic images ironically indicated the absence of physical intimacy.
This is the first film that I made when I came to Chicago and this is also based on my story. I missed my boy friend (now, it's Ex) a lot when I came all the way cross the sea coming to US to study. Therefore I wanted to catpure this specfic experience for me. This relationship didn't work out ultimately however in the progress of maing this film, I got to know myself more, I explored my artistic petential and I learned how to love myself. This would be my unfadable memory, ever. Thank you, my Ex, Mr.RH.





missed was selected into

Seemless and Themeless Film and Video Show, 2004, Chicago
Ice Capades Film and Video Series, 2004, Chicago
Patchwerx. in Hothouse, 2004, Chicago
2nd Annual Reel Venus Film Festival 2004, New York City
1st Annual NYC Downtown Shorts Festival, 2004, New York City
Ladyfest Seattle, 2004, Seattle
The FunTup Film Festival, 2004, Milwaukee, and got the first place of it
San Paulo International Short Film Festival, 2004, San Paulo, Brazil
The 11th Annual Chicago Underground Film Festival, 2004, Chicago
7th annual Antimatter Festival of Underground Short Film & Video, 2004, Victoria BC Canada
Cinema Paradise, 2004, Honolulu
Chicago International REEL Shorts Festival, 2004,Chicago

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]vivihuimeichen.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research points that nearly 80% of all USA grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.